Remind Me: Damage done in San Francisco in six days
I am lucky enough to have a sister living out in San Francisco, and to be able to work out of our offices there. Below is a hit list of the places I ate at and visited in the span of six days. My stomach has finally recovered.
Wineries (Sonoma County):
- Preston Vineyards: https://www.prestonvineyards.com/com
- Unti Vineyards: http://www.untivineyards.com/
- Bella Vineyards and Wine Caves: http://www.bellawinery.com/
- Truett Hurst Vineyards: http://www.truetthurst.com/
- Dry Creek General Store: http://drycreekgeneralstore1881.com/
Both of us are lucky enough to have been through Napa several times, so we decided to venture into Sonoma County. The last item in that list is an unsuspecting general store off of Dry Creek Road in Heldsburg which has an incredible sandwich list. This area turns Napa on its head, with a much more family-run low-key atmosphere. There is none of the pretense of visiting a large production winery such as Mondavi or the herds of people who visit Duckhorn.
- Izakaya Sozai: http://www.izakayasozai.com/
- Burma Superstar: http://www.burmasuperstar.com/
- Bar Bambino: http://barbambino.com/
- Yank Sing: http://www.yanksing.com/
- La Folie: http://www.lafolie.com/
- Hog Island Oysters (Marshall, CA): http://www.hogislandoysters.com/
- Mission Chinese: http://www.missionchinesefood.com/
- Foreign Cinema: http://www.foreigncinema.com/
I cannot recommend every one of these places enough. Izakaya Sozai serves killer ramen. Yank Sing serves dim sum on weekend mornings that melt in your mouth. Shuck your own oysters at Hog Island (we learned in about 30 seconds) at the farm while sitting on benches along Tomales Bay. Mission Chinese blasts gangster rap while you gorge yourself on craveable Chinese food.
Go, eat, recover later.